CABINET DECISIONS – 19 SEPTEMBER 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the draft Report of the Study on the Introduction of a National Minimum Wage in the private sector. Taking into consideration that the existing Minimum Wage-Fixing Machinery is rather complex with two complementary minimum wage support systems, namely, the Remuneration Order System and the Annual Salary Compensation, the Report recommends that –
(a) it is not advisable to add a new system that will render the mechanism very complex to manage and coordinate; and
(b) the salary fixing machinery should, therefore, be replaced by a simple, coherent and efficient system.
The Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment wil
CABINET DECISIONS – 12 SEPTEMBER 2014
1. With a view to curtailing abusive practices, Cabinet has agreed to the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Consumer Protection making regulations under the Consumer Protection Act to provide for a maximum mark up on the sale of live cattle on the occasion of Eid al Adha. The retail selling price of imported live cattle for Eid al Adha 2014 should not exceed Rs 139.50 per kg.
2. Cabinet has agreed to the implementation of the recommendations of the High Level Committee set up to examine the implications of allowing nationals from countries affected by the Ebola Virus Disease, i.e., Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of
CABINET DECISIONS – 5 SEPTEMBER 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note that, at the request of the Prime Minister, a Committee was set up to examine issues relating to the payment of a basic pension to religiously married widows.
Cabinet has agreed to the recommendations of the Committee for the introduction of the payment of a surviving partner’s allowance, equivalent to the rate of widow’s basic pension, to any applicant who had started living with their partner as the latter’s wife at any time between the period 13 November 1987 to 22 December 1990 but could not contract a religious marriage without being civilly married during that period, and an additional allowance equivalent to the rate of the child’s allowance for each d
CABINET DECISIONS – 29 AUGUST 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of Dr the Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK, FRCP, Prime Minister, to Moroni, Comoros, where, at the invitation of Dr IKililou Dhoinine, President of the Union of Comoros, he participated in the 4th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC). The Prime Minister was accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade and Senior Officials.
The theme of the Summit was “L’Indianocéanie, un avenir à bâtir ensemble”. The main issues on the Agenda were, -
(a) improvement of connectivity in the region;
(b) food security, in particular, t
CABINET DECISIONS – 22 AUGUST 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of Dr the Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK, FRCP, Prime Minister, to USA where, at the invitation of the US President, Mr Barack Obama, he participated in the US-Africa Leaders Summit.
The aim of the Summit, the first any US President has held with African Heads of State and Government, was to strengthen ties between the US and one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing region with emphasis on investment opportunities and partnership.
Alongside the Summit, the US-Africa Business Forum was held to strengthen trade and financial ties and create partnerships that would, amongst others, enc
BUILDING A STRONG MAURITIAN NATION: PROMOTING CIVIC EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS ...
List of National Day Awards 2014
Archives (2003 - 2013)
List of Public Holidays for the Year 2015
Prime Minister of the Republic of Mauritius
Dr The Honourable Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK,FRCPhttp://primeminister.gov.mu
Preliminary Report by Geoffrey Robertson QC Media Law and Ethics in Mauritius
Subscribe to the monthly newsletter, to be informed of the latest news portal, and
new services added.