CABINET DECISIONS – 29 AUGUST 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of Dr the Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK, FRCP, Prime Minister, to Moroni, Comoros, where, at the invitation of Dr IKililou Dhoinine, President of the Union of Comoros, he participated in the 4th Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Indian Ocean Commission (IOC). The Prime Minister was accompanied by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Regional Integration and International Trade and Senior Officials.
The theme of the Summit was “L’Indianocéanie, un avenir à bâtir ensemble”. The main issues on the Agenda were, -
(a) improvement of connectivity in the region;
(b) food security, in particular, t
CABINET DECISIONS – 22 AUGUST 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of Dr the Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK, FRCP, Prime Minister, to USA where, at the invitation of the US President, Mr Barack Obama, he participated in the US-Africa Leaders Summit.
The aim of the Summit, the first any US President has held with African Heads of State and Government, was to strengthen ties between the US and one of the world’s most dynamic and fastest-growing region with emphasis on investment opportunities and partnership.
Alongside the Summit, the US-Africa Business Forum was held to strengthen trade and financial ties and create partnerships that would, amongst others, enc
CABINET DECISIONS – 8 AUGUST 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the performance of the Mauritian athletes in the Commonwealth Games 2014. Mr Kennedy St. Pierre won the Silver medal in Boxing in the category of less than 81 kgs, and Ms Annabelle Laprovidence won the Bronze medal in Judo in the category of more than 78 kgs. The other athletes put up a satisfactory performance. Mauritius ranked 27th among the 71 participating countries, that is the best performance ever recorded in the Commonwealth Games.
2. Cabinet has agreed to the National Water Policy that is based on Government socio-economic policies and development strategies, and defines the national objectives and targets for the water and s
CABINET DECISIONS – 25 JULY 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note that, as announced by the Prime Minister in the National Assembly on Tuesday 22 July 2014, a full-fledged Commission of Inquiry will be set up to look into all aspects of horse racing in Mauritius. The Commission will be assisted in its work by forensic auditors and other experts from overseas. The proposed Terms of Reference of the Commission of Inquiry are as follows:
To inquire into, and report on –
(a) the organisation, management and administration of horse racing in Mauritius, including –
(i) the procedures relating to the licensing of stables, nominators, trainers and freelancers, as well as the registration of hors
CABINET DECISIONS – 18 JULY 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the proposal of Dr the Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK, FRCP, Prime Minister, Minister of Finance and Economic Development for the issue of two Government of Mauritius Savings Bonds reserved for individuals only. The main objectives of this issue are to –
(a) promote the national savings culture;
(b) offer households, especially those who depend on interest income, a higher rate of interest on their lifelong savings;
(c) protect their interest income from inflation and earn a positive real return; and
(d) help mop up excess liquidity in the banking system which is causing interest rates on savings to fall to low levels.
BUILDING A STRONG MAURITIAN NATION: PROMOTING CIVIC EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS ...
List of National Day Awards 2014
Archives (2003 - 2013)
Press Release - Issue of Government of Mauritius Savings Bonds
List of Public Holidays for the Year 2015
Prime Minister of the Republic of Mauritius
Dr The Honourable Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK,FRCPhttp://primeminister.gov.mu
Preliminary Report by Geoffrey Robertson QC Media Law and Ethics in Mauritius
Subscribe to the monthly newsletter, to be informed of the latest news portal, and
new services added.