CABINET DECISIONS – 10 OCTOBER 2014
1. Cabinet has agreed to the review of the eligibility criteria of the loan scheme for Private Grant-Aided Secondary Schools, operated by the Development Bank of Mauritius Ltd, for the purposes of upgrading and improving educational infrastructure of private grant-aided secondary schools in disadvantaged areas and for the acquisition of land. As at date, applications from eight secondary schools to the tune of Rs112.15m have been approved, and five applications are under consideration.
2. Cabinet has taken note of the activities that would be organized by the Ministry of Arts and Culture and the Aapravasi Ghat Trust Fund to comm
CABINET DECISIONS – 03 OCTOBER 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the outcome of the recent mission of the Acting Prime Minister, Minister of Energy and Public Utilities to the United Kingdom. The main objective of the mission was to hold discussions with the British authorities on the ongoing reform process in the Energy and Water Sectors. He had, amongst others, a meeting with Mr Dermot Nolan, Chief Executive Officer of the Office of Gas and Electricity Markets, on the regulatory functions of the Office, and participated in a Round Table on renewable energy. The UK Renewable Energy has agreed to provide support for the implementation of projects, particularly in the context of the Ocean Economy.
The Acting Pr
CABINET DECISIONS – 26 SEPTEMBER 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note that, on an invitation of the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple, Dr the Hon Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK, FRCP, Prime Minister, would deliver the Gandhi Foundation Annual Lecture 2014 on 1 October. The title of the lecture will be “The Rule of Law and Nation Building”.
Cabinet has also taken note that the Prime Minister will have a bilateral meeting with Mr François Hollande, President of the Republic of France, in Paris. The Prime Minister will also have a meeting with the French Interior Minister, Mr Bernard Cazeneuve, to discuss matters of security.
2. Cabinet has taken note that the Commission of Inquiry on Horse Raci
CABINET DECISIONS – 19 SEPTEMBER 2014
1. Cabinet has taken note of the draft Report of the Study on the Introduction of a National Minimum Wage in the private sector. Taking into consideration that the existing Minimum Wage-Fixing Machinery is rather complex with two complementary minimum wage support systems, namely, the Remuneration Order System and the Annual Salary Compensation, the Report recommends that –
(a) it is not advisable to add a new system that will render the mechanism very complex to manage and coordinate; and
(b) the salary fixing machinery should, therefore, be replaced by a simple, coherent and efficient system.
The Ministry of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment wil
CABINET DECISIONS – 12 SEPTEMBER 2014
1. With a view to curtailing abusive practices, Cabinet has agreed to the Minister of Industry, Commerce and Consumer Protection making regulations under the Consumer Protection Act to provide for a maximum mark up on the sale of live cattle on the occasion of Eid al Adha. The retail selling price of imported live cattle for Eid al Adha 2014 should not exceed Rs 139.50 per kg.
2. Cabinet has agreed to the implementation of the recommendations of the High Level Committee set up to examine the implications of allowing nationals from countries affected by the Ebola Virus Disease, i.e., Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, Senegal and the Democratic Republic of
BUILDING A STRONG MAURITIAN NATION: PROMOTING CIVIC EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS ...
List of National Day Awards 2014
Archives (2003 - 2013)
List of Public Holidays for the Year 2015
Prime Minister of the Republic of Mauritius
Dr The Honourable Navinchandra Ramgoolam, GCSK,FRCPhttp://primeminister.gov.mu
Preliminary Report by Geoffrey Robertson QC Media Law and Ethics in Mauritius
Subscribe to the monthly newsletter, to be informed of the latest news portal, and
new services added.